Two boys die Monday in Coe Township car accident
A two-car accident Monday afternoon at S. Chippewa and E. Millbrook roads in Coe Township resulted in the deaths of two Isabella County boys.
Charles Cashen, a 16-year-old from Shepherd, failed to yield at a stop sign and collided with a vehicle traveling eastbound driven by Chad Burns, a 16-year-old from Mount Pleasant, police said.
Both drivers, who were wearing seat belts, were pronounced dead at the scene. Witnesses to the crash say both vehicles were traveling at a high rate of speed.
Allicia Dice, the passenger in Burns car, was airlifted to Spectrum Hospital in Grand Rapids for head injuries and admitted to the intensive care unit. The 14-year-old from Shepherd was receiving a CT scan Tuesday to determine the extent of her injuries.
Shepherd resident Joshua Smith, a 17 year-old passenger in Cashen’s vehicle, was transported to Central Michigan Community Hospital, 1221 South Drive. His injuries were not life threatening.
Police believe all the people involved in the accident had left Shepherd High School just prior to the crash at 3:07 p.m.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- john wood: I have a 99 kawasaki zrx1100 and I need a engine case for it…
- Marty: Hi I am searching for a Honda rear wheel hub,shaft drive (d…
- Karen Ohneck: Scott you are awesome I have known you for8 yrs. These kids …
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here