HATS thanks students for spring semester help
The Humane Animal Treatment Society (HATS) would like to thank students Daniel
T. Bury and Stephanie Jagenow for the publicity help they provided during
Spring Semester as part of their Journalism 556 PR Seminar Class. They helped
with Spay Day USA by having the Mayor of Mt. Pleasant proclaim February 24,
2004 as Spay Day, by working with local newspapers, television and radio
stations, elementary schools, distributing flyers to local businesses, placing
Spay Day USA on marquee businesses, distributing brochures to veterinarian
offices, and organizing student volunteers.
They also covered the student essay contest in April by the Student Michigan
Education Association (SMEA) on campus. The contest was open to K-8 students
in Isabella County in conjunction with April being Prevention of Cruelty
to Animals Month.
Daniel and Stephanie also did publicity to obtain qualified pet foster
parents for cats and dogs and attended HATS meetings. Daniel also did radio
At the end of the semester, they presented HATS with a portfolio with
names, addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, as well as copies
of letters, newspaper clippings, public service announcement clips, along
with recommendations for future coverage.
Their dedicated work was greatly appreciated.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- john wood: I have a 99 kawasaki zrx1100 and I need a engine case for it…
- Marty: Hi I am searching for a Honda rear wheel hub,shaft drive (d…
- Karen Ohneck: Scott you are awesome I have known you for8 yrs. These kids …
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here