P&As, administrators get 3 percent raise for ‘04-’05
July 7, 2004
Salaries for CMU’s 703 professional and administrative employees and
senior officers have all been raised by 3 percent for the 2004-05
Both professional and administrative employees, called P&A
employees, and senior officers were below the average salary compared
to state, regional and national statistics in all but one category —
P&A employees were at the average salary in the Mid-American
Overall, P&A employees — positions such as admissions
counselors, the director of admissions and resident hall
directors — earned 7 percent less than the average salary earned
by comparable people at other universities. Senior officers earned 5
Maxine Kent, associate vice president of Human Resources, said the
raises are a normal process.
“The raises are necessary so we can retain the people we have and
continue to attract people when we have vacancies,” she said. “We try
to be as competitive as we can.”
Since the groups are not part of a union, the raises are decided by
the administration and approved by the board.
“We’re not where we would like to be; we are below the average,”
Kent said. “But, because of the budget problems we have at CMU, we are
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- xe yamaha,xe may yamaha,xe máy yamaha,yamaha,gia xe yamaha,giá xe Yamaha,tim xe may Yamaha: Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished…
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here