Man in serious condition after early-morning hit and run, dragged several hundred feet
A Mount Pleasant man remains in serious condition after an early-morning pedestrian accident today dragged him several hundred feet on East Bellows Street.
The 20-year-old victim was flown to Spectrum Health Butterworth Hospital in Grand Rapids shortly following the accident that took place at 3:12 a.m. He was pushing a car eastbound on Bellows with a friend when his car was sideswiped by another vehicle, according to a news release from the Mount Pleasant Police Department.
“After he was hit, the same car that had hit him, he ended up being pinned underneath it, and that’s how he ended up being dragged,” said Dave Sabuda, MPPD public information officer.
Police are calling the accident a hit and run.
A suspect vehicle was identified and located by the MPPD, but is still being processed for evidence. Police are also trying to find the driver.
Police did not provide the name of the victim, who was originally transported to Central Michigan Community Hospital, 1221 South Dr., or if he was a Central Michigan University student.
Sabuda said the victim was in serious condition when asked this afternoon. But the MPPD was awaiting an update on his condition.
Portions of Bellows Street were blocked off on both sides of Mission Street as police processed evidence and recreated the crime scene.
The MPPD was assisted by the Mount Pleasant Fire Department, Isabella County Sheriff’s Department, CMU Police, Saginaw Chippewa Tribal Police and Mobile Medical Response.
No further information was available as of Sunday afternoon.
Anyone with information to add is asked to contact city police at 779-5100, an anonymous TIP line at 779-9111 or Central Dispatch at 773-1000.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- CE: Now that CMU has been eliminated, is there a way to end Jaks…
- Track Watcher: With a dismal showing at the MAC meet, you always want to be…
- john wood: I have a 99 kawasaki zrx1100 and I need a engine case for it…
- Marty: Hi I am searching for a Honda rear wheel hub,shaft drive (d…
- Karen Ohneck: Scott you are awesome I have known you for8 yrs. These kids …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here