No one injured in two-vehicle collision at Fancher, High streets
A two-vehicle accident involving a Listening Ear bus slowed traffic but resulted in no serious injuries at Fancher and High streets Wednesday.
A 20-year-old Sterling Heights man in a red Honda Accord was driving north on Fancher Street when he crashed into the bus, which was traveling west on High Street and carrying four people, said Mount Pleasant Police Officer Don Sytsema.
Police and emergency personnel arrived at the scene shortly after 3:30 p.m.
“(The passengers) are doing fine,” Sytsema said. “A guy had a bump to the head, a gentleman had a heart condition, but they all went to another van.”
No one involved in the crash had to be transported to the hospital.
Sytsema said the driver of the Honda told him he looked both ways upon reaching the stop sign at the intersection.
However, police still found the driver at fault and issued him a citation for failing to yield, Sytsema said.
Mount Pleasant senior Paul Barlow heard the crash when he was in his dining room.
“I was at first like, ‘what happened,’ because somebody on the receiving end might have gotten hurt,” Barlow said. “When I went out there I saw that everybody was okay.”
His sister, Robyn Barlow, said she was originally worried about the people on the bus.
“I feel more relieved now,” said Robyn, 15.
Authorities did not release the names of those involved in the accident, or whether any are CMU students.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- CE: Another 3-9 season, and both Enos and Heeke have to go! …
- Andy Villemure: I am looking for a KZ 900 block Z1E, that has not cracks tha…
- anonymous: Totally disagree on Heeke. Think he showed some real balls i…
- Amy Easton: Please let me know your lessons learned, how you organized t…
- Pete: I thought Central won a bowl game this year??? The program …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here