Chippewas unable to ride momentum, drop home match against Ball State
The Central Michigan volleyball team failed to capitalize on strong scoring from its middle hitters on Saturday and lost the last home game of the season against Ball State, 3-1, at Finch Fieldhouse.
Despite storming to a first-set win by a score of 25-18, CMU would lose the next three sets by scores of 26-24, 25-21 and 25-23. In a match that featured 31 ties and eight lead changes, the Chippewas were unable to stop a Ball State team that had which had won their last seven matches. The Cardinals improve to 22-4 and 12-2 in the Mid-American Conference to lead the West Division.
“I just think we could have done a better job,” Olson said. “This group was definitely more competitive in this match, last time at their place one of the sets was 25-10.”
Junior Kaitlyn Schultz led the way with a season-high 16 kills on the night. Senior Lauren Krupsky and sophomore Lindsey Dulude both knocked home nine kills, while sophomore Val DeWeerd finished with eig
CMU returns to action at 6 p.m. Friday when it travels to Kalamazoo to take on Western Michigan.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- CE: Another 3-9 season, and both Enos and Heeke have to go! …
- Andy Villemure: I am looking for a KZ 900 block Z1E, that has not cracks tha…
- anonymous: Totally disagree on Heeke. Think he showed some real balls i…
- Amy Easton: Please let me know your lessons learned, how you organized t…
- Pete: I thought Central won a bowl game this year??? The program …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here