CMU injury notes for Navy game
Injury updates as the Central Michigan football team prepares for Saturday’s game against Navy:
After entering last weekend’s game against Western Michigan questionable, sophomore guard Darren Keyton will miss the rest of the season due to injury. In addition, junior tackle Rocky Weaver is out Saturday and CMU head coach Dan Enos said he will “probably” miss the remainder of the season.
As a result, redshirt freshman Aaron Kaczmarski will start at left guard, while Eric Fisher and Jeff Maddux will shift to left tackle and right guard, respectively.
On the defensive side, Enos described the unit as “the walking wounded.” Senior tackle Sean Murnane, junior nose guard John Williams and senior linebacker Nick Bellore did not practice on Tuesday. Enos said he hopes to get at least two back by Wednesday or Thursday. Murnane saw limited action in practice last week but played, so expect all three to see playing time on Saturday.
After coming out of the game early last week, sophomore safety Jahleel Addae looked better in practice on Tuesday and is expected to play.
Kickoff for CMU-Navy is set for 3:30 p.m. Saturday in Annapolis, Md. The game will be televised live on CBS College Sports.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- john wood: I have a 99 kawasaki zrx1100 and I need a engine case for it…
- Marty: Hi I am searching for a Honda rear wheel hub,shaft drive (d…
- Karen Ohneck: Scott you are awesome I have known you for8 yrs. These kids …
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here