Mr. Phisignificant struts for philanthropy raising $450 for National Kidney Foundation
Ryan Collins came back with a vengeance in this years Mr. Phisignificant contest.
The Holt junior took this year’s crown after being the runner-up in 2009.
“My advice for future contestants would be to just have fun,” Collins said.
Mr. Phisignificant is a pageant fundraiser hosted by Phi Sigma Sigma to raise money for its philanthropy, the National Kidney Foundation. The group raised $450.
Contestants strutted their stuff at the Broadway Theatre, 216 E. Broadway St., first in togas, then in a talent competition. Performances ranged from “Evolution of Dance” to Beyonce’s “Single Ladies” and Michael Jackson’s “Beat It.”
“My favorite part of the whole pageant was the talent part. It was just a lot of fun for people to see,” said Garden City sophomore Laura Stark. “The talent act I enjoyed best was the Borat impersonator. I’ve never seen those movies, but it was really funny seeing him dance around.”
The all-male acapella group Fish N’ Chips also belted out a few tunes, including “Chariot” by Gavin Degraw, “Hallelujah” by Leonard Cohen, “No Woman, No Cry” by Bob Marley and “Beautiful Girl” by Bruno Mars.
Mr. Phisignificant 2009, Bad Axe senior Kyle Post, played the piano and sang a cover of “Poker Face” by Lady Gaga before giving up his crown to this year’s winner.
Attendees voted for contestants by putting money in jars at the front of the theatre.
The sisters were happy with the amount of money collected during the evening and it is going to a good cause, said Kelsey Sinke.
“Not many people know, but there is a surprising amount of kidney illnesses,” the West Olive senior said, “and it’s important to donate and help out a cause we believe in.”
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- xe yamaha,xe may yamaha,xe máy yamaha,yamaha,gia xe yamaha,giá xe Yamaha,tim xe may Yamaha: Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished…
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here