On the Rox a cappella group sings new hits, classics at Broadway Theatre Friday night
The ladies of On the Rox gave their audience at the Broadway Theatre, 216 E. Broadway St., something to talk about Friday night.
The show started off with a Beatles medley performed by the Accafellas, a guest male a cappela group from Michigan State University.
The ladies of On The Rox took the stage and sang several radio favorites including, “King of Anything” and “Only Exception” as well as older songs including “Hit Me” and “It’s Raining Men.”
“‘It’s Raining Men’ is probably my favorite” said Dearborn senior Stephanie Turner, a member of On the Rox. “ It’s one of our more crazy, ridiculous songs.”
The Accafellas joined the On the Rox ladies during their performance of ‘It’s Raining Men’ and entertained the crowd by dancing up and down the isles.
The show had several different events including a beat-boxing competition, a raffle drawing and numerous popular performances.
“The crowd seemed to enjoy the show, they were clapping along. It’s always fun to get energy back from the crowd.” said Turner.
Marne freshman Aleasha Bergman was one of the competitors in the on-stage beat-boxing competition.
“It was really scary, I was shaking” said Bergman. “It turned out bad for me because I ended up going against two really good people.”
On the Rox consists of twelve girls ranging from freshmen to seniors. The songs are all original arrangements, Turner said.
“Performing songs can be challenging when you’re not using instruments” said Megan Sitko, Virginia Beach sophomore and On the Rox member. “ All us girls have really great personalities and we all love to sing, so we make it work.”
Sitko said “’Something to Talk About’ is probably her favorite song to perform, and she enjoys giving it her all and getting to be goofy on stage.
“We hold auditions at the beginning of the semester” said Turner. “All the girls are awesome, we’ve gotten really close, it’s really fun to be up there performing with your friends.”
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- CE: Another 3-9 season, and both Enos and Heeke have to go! …
- Andy Villemure: I am looking for a KZ 900 block Z1E, that has not cracks tha…
- anonymous: Totally disagree on Heeke. Think he showed some real balls i…
- Amy Easton: Please let me know your lessons learned, how you organized t…
- Pete: I thought Central won a bowl game this year??? The program …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here