UPDATED: Man flees car accident scene on foot, police search continues
Police are still searching for a man who fled the scene of a car accident Monday afternoon.
The Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe and the Mount Pleasant Police Department investigated a lead Tuesday afternoon that the suspect was in the area surrounding The Cabin, 930 W. Broomfield St. Tribal police brought a K-9 unit and the MPPD was there to assist the investigation.
Tribal Spokesman Frank Cloutier said the suspect had not been caught as of 2:35 p.m. Tuesday, but the investigation is still ongoing and information could not be released.
“The individual fled the scene of a personal property destruction,” Cloutier said. “They’re openly working on it.”
The suspect’s intentions for fleeing the scene of the accident on South Mission Street are still unknown, but police have gathered some information about the suspect.
“We were asked to assist them looking for the same individual as yesterday,” said Jeff Browne, public information officer for the MPPD. “The young man is apparently a parole absconder.”
Browne said it was standard procedure for his department to assist the tribal police and the suspect was not apprehended during the investigation near The Cabin.
Police searched near the Comfort Inn, 2424 S. Mission St., and Walmart, 4730 Encore Blvd., Monday afternoon.
Watch cm-life.com for updates.
Staff Reporter Gabi Jaye contributed to this report.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- Kellie: We miss miss you Carolyn. You still are remember on the socc…
- anonymous: I know this girl was in the wrong, but, put yourself in her …
- : What is the standing cement block structure going to be for?…
- 5k: Solved the case!! …
- : SOLVED THE CASE …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here