Rep. Dave Camp, R-Midland announced as member of ‘Super Committee’
U.S. Rep. Dave Camp, R-Midland will join the “Super Committee”, the Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction, Speaker John Boehner, R-OH, said Wednesday.
The committee, also including Rep. Fred Upton, R-St. Joseph, is responsible for developing a bipartisan plan able to reduce the federal deficit by more than $1 trillion.
“I thank the Speaker for his confidence and trust in selecting me to serve as a member of the Joint Committee,” Camp, the chair of the House Ways and Means Committee, said in his press release. “Earlier this month, the House and Senate passed, and the President signed legislation that rejected job-killing tax increases as a way to reduce our debt and deficits. Last Friday’s downgrade of our debt by S&P is a strong reminder of how important it is for this Committee to lead and focus on restoring confidence in America by further cutting out of control spending and reducing the deficit.”
Boehner named Rep. Jeb Hensarling, R-Texas, as co-chair of the committee.
“If we are successful in curbing the overspending in Washington that has sparked fear in the financial markets and created uncertainty on Main Street, we will start to see the job creation we desperately need,” Camp said.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- CE: Another 3-9 season, and both Enos and Heeke have to go! …
- Andy Villemure: I am looking for a KZ 900 block Z1E, that has not cracks tha…
- anonymous: Totally disagree on Heeke. Think he showed some real balls i…
- Amy Easton: Please let me know your lessons learned, how you organized t…
- Pete: I thought Central won a bowl game this year??? The program …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here