Stupak to speak on campus Monday, will discuss integrity in politics
Former U.S. Congressman Bart Stupak will be on campus Monday to meet with students and give a speech.
Stupak represented Michigan’s first district in the U.S. House of Representatives from 1993 to 2011.
He will meet with students in a classroom setting earlier in the day before giving a speech from 7 to 8 p.m. in Anspach Hall, room 161.
Sarah Buckley, College of Humanities and Social and Behavioral Sciences coordinator of marketing and events, said Stupak’s visit is sponsored by the Hart-Milliken Endowed Speaker Series for Integrity in Politics.
Buckley said the former congressman from Michigan will be addressing the general theme of integrity in politics. The topic of his talk will be “After Hart and Milliken: Where have all our leaders gone?”
The speaker series is named in memory of former U.S. Senator Philip A. Hart and in honor of former Michigan Gov. William G. Milliken.
Admission to the event is free and open to the public.
“We encourage all students, faculty, staff and community members to attend,” Buckley said.
Stupak is the second speaker hosted by the endowed series and will be the only speaker this semester.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- Marty: Hi I am searching for a Honda rear wheel hub,shaft drive (d…
- Karen Ohneck: Scott you are awesome I have known you for8 yrs. These kids …
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here