Towers health clinic may not reopen until November
The Towers health clinic closed Wednesday due to a shortage in staff, and may not reopen until November.
“On Sept. 1, one of our providers submitted their resignation and is moving out of state to be closer to family,” said Tom Trionfi, university health services director
UHS has completed their interviews, and will be checking references and credentials, Trionfi said. It is working with a temp agency and local hospitals for temporary coverage.
Once a new provider is trained and UHS is confident they can place a provider at the Towers location, the Towers UHS will be reopened.
Health services will still be available in Foust Hall 200, open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Foust Hall is not currently overcrowded, but at times it has come close to capacity, Trionfi said.
UHS is not planning to extend Foust Hall’s hours of service during this time.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- CE: Another 3-9 season, and both Enos and Heeke have to go! …
- Andy Villemure: I am looking for a KZ 900 block Z1E, that has not cracks tha…
- anonymous: Totally disagree on Heeke. Think he showed some real balls i…
- Amy Easton: Please let me know your lessons learned, how you organized t…
- Pete: I thought Central won a bowl game this year??? The program …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here