Union Township approves contract renewal for manager, plans to construct pole building
Union Township voted on and approved the renewal of the contract for township manger Brian Smith at Wednesday’s meeting.
The three year contract includes a 1.1 percent pay raise for Smith and will include 20 vacation days and 10 sick days each year.
“The contract is essentially the same as it was before,” said township supervisor John Barker. “The board was very happy with his performance as a manager. He is very capable.”
Union Township also approved a bid to build a pole building at the township water treatment facility.
The building will be 70 feet by 40 feet and will be used to store equipment and trucks.
“The township has a small garage and right now it’s very full,” said Public Works Coordinator Kim Smith. “It’s just going to be an all-seasons pole building. It won’t be anything fancy and it won’t be heated.”
The project will be constructed by All Seasons Builders and will cost $59,007.
The money was available in the budget this year in the additions and improvements fund, Smith said.
Money from a two-percent application from the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe will go toward reconstructing Meridian Road from Hiawatha Drive north to Remus Road.
The $188,165 will be funded by financial share split between the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe, Union Township and Deerfield Township.
Deerfield Township approved its share of the contribution last week.
“It’s in bad shape and there’s so much traffic in that area too,” said Trustee Phil Mikus.
The project will include pulverizing the existing surface, aggregate shoulders, guardrail improvements and a grind and re-pave.
Township treasurer Pam Stovak suggested implementing a policy on meetings and travel to save taxpayers money, she said.
She noted there is no policy or procedure on what meetings township board members get paid for, as well as any travel policies.
“We can then review the new guidelines and come up with something more official,” Stovak said.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- xe yamaha,xe may yamaha,xe máy yamaha,yamaha,gia xe yamaha,giá xe Yamaha,tim xe may Yamaha: Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished…
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here