CMU field hockey loses 2-0 to Ohio
The Central Michigan field hockey team lost 2-0 on Friday in a clash of the top two defenses in the Mid-American Conference.
“I thought we were right there with them,” CMU head coach Cristy Freese said. “The only concern I had is I thought the last 15 minutes of the game we looked like a young team.”
CMU’s hopes of tying the game were put away by a Bobcats goal in the 58th minute.
The Chippewas passing game was less than pretty. Freese quoted coaching legend John Wooden by saying they have to be quick without hurrying.
Failing to slide the ball past OU’s defense resulted in one shot on goal for the day, in comparison to the six by the Bobcats.
CMU looks to put the OU game behind them as it plays at 1 p.m. on Saturday against Kent State for second place in the MAC.
“I’m a CMU field hockey Chippewa until the day I die and I believe we can come out of this stronger,” CMU goalkeeper Anastasia Netto Said.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- Kellie: We miss miss you Carolyn. You still are remember on the socc…
- anonymous: I know this girl was in the wrong, but, put yourself in her …
- : What is the standing cement block structure going to be for?…
- 5k: Solved the case!! …
- : SOLVED THE CASE …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here