Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe selects general election candidates for three districts
The Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribal community has narrowed down prospective candidates who will advance to a general election on Nov. 8.
According to a press release, the Isabella Federal Reservation is made up of three Tribal Community Districts: District One, the reservation in Isabella County, has 1,005 registered and/or eligible voters. District Two is the Saganing Satellite Reservation in Arenac County, which has 48 registered and/or eligible voters. District Three is comprised of Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribal members throughout the world, and has 1,475 registered and/or eligible voters.
Tribal members chose 20 candidates from a pool of 63 in District One. District Two is un-opposed and District Three has three candidates that will be narrowed down to two openings advancing to the general election.
The Election Caucus Committee reviewed and ratified the “Primary Election 2011″ results, which cannot be protested until after the general election, according to ordinance.
For a complete list of candidates or more information, contact Frank Cloutier, Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe public relations director at 989-775-4076.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- Marty: Hi I am searching for a Honda rear wheel hub,shaft drive (d…
- Karen Ohneck: Scott you are awesome I have known you for8 yrs. These kids …
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here