CMU men’s cross-country finishes 17th at Pre-Nationals
Sophomore Tecumseh Adams finished 17th at Pre-Nationals in Terre Haute Ind. on Sunday.
It would be a foreshadowing of how the Central Michigan men’s cross-country team finished. It finished 17th out of 35 teams and first among Mid-American Conference schools that included Ohio and Toledo.
Ohio finished 19th and Toledo 34th.
Adams led his teammates with a time of 24:33.
“It excites me when you get a freshman or sophomore with talent like that,” Randolph said. “It’s even more exciting when they can maintain that level. Adams is having fun and it’s our job to manage the pressure that comes with the talent.”
Juniors Jason Drudge and Matt Lutzke finished 92nd and 111th.
Randolph acknowledged that Lutzke really came through for the team.
“Matt Lutzke was in a really tough position with two miles left,” Randolph said. “He really came through after battling some things the past couple of weeks. We finished 17th, but it could have been a lot worse if not for Matt.”
Redshirt Freshmen Kyle Stacks and Tanner Pesonen finished within seconds of each other at 25:59 and 26:01. They placed 131st and 137th.
Stacks was a key member of the team in just his second collegiate meet.
“Coach Kaczor is doing a good job of working with Kyle and building his mind and body confidence,” Randolph said. “Stacks will be a key maker or breaker for us in the future.”
While pleased by placing first among MAC schools, Randolph’s focus was already on the MAC Championship meet in 13 days.
“It only matters for us if we beat the MAC teams at the next meet,” Randolph said. “We need to beat Eastern Michigan for the team to get really excited. We have 13 days to start putting the mental pieces together because the physical pieces are already there.”
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- john wood: I have a 99 kawasaki zrx1100 and I need a engine case for it…
- Marty: Hi I am searching for a Honda rear wheel hub,shaft drive (d…
- Karen Ohneck: Scott you are awesome I have known you for8 yrs. These kids …
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here