CMU hockey team sweeps Akron; outscore Zips 15-5 in two games
The CMU club hockey team steamrolled through the Akron this weekend, sweeping the Zips.
It outscored the Zips 15-5 in the weekend series.
The team had a comfortable lead through the game on Friday and won 5-1.
The series finale took place Saturday afternoon, with CMU completing the sweep of Akron with a 10-4 victory. It was a close game throughout the first half. It was tied at the end of the first period.
Akron then scored an early short-handed goal, but CMU fought back, gaining a 5-4 lead at the end of the second period.
The Chippewas capped off the game and series with five goals in third period, giving them the victory and series against the Zips.
Coach Mike Willett said he was pleased that his team won the games, but not the way it expected to do.
“We have to tighten down every aspect of our game” he said. “Moving forward, our focus has to be on playing a full 60 minutes and playing disciplined hockey,” he said. “That is what it will take to beat the best in the Central Region and around the country.”
CMU has a road trip this weekend with three games, two against Northern Illinois and one against Saginaw Valley State.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- bridesmaids: Very good info. Lucky me I recently found your blog by chanc…
- 66Chip: I certainly agree with the purpose of CCAP, which states tha…
- josh: I'm looking for a 98 to 2006 Suzuki katana frame with clean …
- Sherryl Morris: Hi, I am looking for a gas tank that may fit a 1980 Yamaha S…
- : Judge yourself first. …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here