CMU football to open 2012 season against Southeast Missouri State
In what is becoming tradition, CMU will play its first game of the season on the Thursday before Labor Day. The Chippewas first played on the day in 2008, beating Eastern Illinois 31-12. After skipping the day on 2009, the team played the first two games on the road, they opened their season in 2010 and 2011 against Football Championship Subdivision opponents.
This is the second time CMU and Southeast Missouri State will play in each team’s history. The Chippewas beat the Redhawks, a FCS team from the Ohio Valley Conference, 44-27 in 2004.
Southeast Missouri State went 3-8 in 2011 and played one Football Bowl Subdivision opponent, losing 59-0 to Purdue on Sept. 17.
CMU will follow up the home opener on Sept. 8 when Michigan State comes to Kelly/Shorts Stadium for the first time in school history, the second of a contracted four-game series. Navy and Western Michigan are also included on the seven-game home schedule in 2012.
“People have wanted more home games and we got them this year,” Heeke said. “It will be fun to see, and a great home schedule. I’m real excited about it.”
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- CE: Another 3-9 season, and both Enos and Heeke have to go! …
- Andy Villemure: I am looking for a KZ 900 block Z1E, that has not cracks tha…
- anonymous: Totally disagree on Heeke. Think he showed some real balls i…
- Amy Easton: Please let me know your lessons learned, how you organized t…
- Pete: I thought Central won a bowl game this year??? The program …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here