Jury convicts Mount Pleasant man of attempted rape at University Meadows
A Mount Pleasant man alleged to have tried raping a woman in his apartment in July was found guilty Friday in Isabella County court.
Mansour Albukhudaim was convicted Friday morning of attempted third-degree criminal sexual conduct and assault and battery for trying to rape a 26-year-old woman on July 15 in his apartment at University Meadows, 4310 Sterling Way, in Union Township, according to a release from the office of Prosecuting Attorney Larry Burdick. A neighboring tenant heard the woman’s screams and contacted the apartment complex’s security guards.
Albukhudaim faces up to five years, three months in prison for the convictions. The jury acquitted him of charges of assault with intent to commit sexual penetration and fourth-degree sexual assault, the release said.
Sentencing is set for Feb. 10. Judge Mark Duthie canceled the bond for Albukhudaim, who remains lodged in Isabella County jail.
Albukhudaim, whose age was not released, is listed in the CMU directory as a freshman.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- : What is the standing cement block structure going to be for?…
- 5k: Solved the case!! …
- : SOLVED THE CASE …
- chipskeptic: It is always interesting to see the virulent reaction of any…
- bridesmaids: Very good info. Lucky me I recently found your blog by chanc…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here