College of Medicine receives preliminary accreditation from LCME
The College of Medicine moved one step further toward the goal of opening in 2013.
Central Michigan University officials said Wednesday the Liaison Committee on Medical Education has granted preliminary accreditation to CMED.
“We remain committed to our goal of welcoming our first class in the summer of next year and now look forward to beginning the student recruitment process,” said CMED Dean Ernest Yoder in a press release. “At the same time, we continue to recruit outstanding faculty and develop our curriculum in accordance with LCME requirements.”
An LCME team came in mid-November to discuss plans for CMED. They met with CMU officials and some faculty members, who expressed concern with the current plans.
The press release said the LCME looks for five items while at CMU: governance and administration, curriculum, medical students, faculty and resources.
“We are very pleased that the LCME has granted preliminary accreditation to our medical school,” said University President George Ross. “This is a significant milestone as we strive to create an innovative and highly successful program to help fill imminent needs for physicians and medical education opportunities in our state.”
Stay tuned to cm-life.com for more updates as this breaking news develops.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- john wood: I have a 99 kawasaki zrx1100 and I need a engine case for it…
- Marty: Hi I am searching for a Honda rear wheel hub,shaft drive (d…
- Karen Ohneck: Scott you are awesome I have known you for8 yrs. These kids …
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here