Trey Zeigler commits to the University of Pittsburgh
Former Central Michigan basketball player Trey Zeigler has committed to the University of Pittsburgh.
Today Zeigler tweeted: “Just committed to the University of Pittsburgh! #hail2pitt.” This coming after he took a visit to the university this weekend.
CBS senior basketball writer Jeff Goodman confirmed reports, tweeting: “Ernie Zeigler just confirmed to me that his son, Trey, will transfer to Pitt. Important get for Jamie Dixon and Panthers.”
Trey will have to sit out a season because of NCAA transfer rules.
Trey made it clear that he was leaving the program after his father Ernie Zeigler was fired from CMU March 14.
Trey scored 1,011 points during his two-year career with CMU and finished one point behind Buffalo’s Javon McCrea for Mid-American Conference Freshman of the Year in 2010-11.
The Panthers receive a former four-star recruit that was offered a scholarship to play for Michigan, Duke, Michigan State, Arizona, UCLA, Arizona State, Providence and Oklahoma back in 2010, but went with the opportunity to play with Ernie at CMU.
A few weeks ago Zeigler tweeted about visiting Duke over the weekend and was scene on campus with a Blue Devils hat on.
Trey isn’t expected to be the only player to transfer from the program. Guard Austin McBroom has been open with his decision to transfer, although, he has not been granted a transfer request from the university.
The newly hired CMU men’s basketball coach Keno Davis will be meeting with each player from the team individually to talk about moving forward. Freshman Austin Keel said last week he still doesn’t know what he’ll be doing, staying or transferring.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- xe yamaha,xe may yamaha,xe máy yamaha,yamaha,gia xe yamaha,giá xe Yamaha,tim xe may Yamaha: Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished…
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here