Five football players suspended for violating team rules
Central Michigan football players Deon Butler, Kevin King, Danel Harris, Joe Sawicki and Austin White have been suspended indefinitely from the team for violating team rules Saturday evening according to the university.
“CMU student-athletes are obligated to comply with a rigorous code of conduct that ensures they are proud representatives of this university and its local community,” Heeke said. “If there is a breach of this standard, there will be disciplinary action.”
No further details were released, but the university and the athletics department said they are cooperating with local authorities to figure out what the next step will be.
Butler is a redshirt sophomore wide receiver that went to Inkster high school. He had six receptions for 49 yards last season.
King, another redshirt sophomore, blocked a punt against Michigan State and returned it for 30 yards. Against Akron he recorded a career-high two tackles. White and Sawicki are sophomores and Harris is a freshman.
Sawicki is a redshirt sophomore that has not played a snap for CMU yet. He is a tight end from Mokena, Ill. Harris is a six-foot freshman wide receiver from Miramar, Fla.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- Paris: I am very interested in this monkey but, I do not have money…
- SandyRupp: So,sorry to hear of your loss, My thoughts and prayers are …
- Pam Mellish: I worked for the Ellis Family for over 10 years at Someplace…
- : Time for Heeke and Enos to go as well. …
- Jamie Iseler: I came to know Art Ellis as a CM LIFE reporter covering CMU'…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here