Austin White turns himself in, CMU police confirm
Central Michigan running back Austin White, facing an arrest warrant that includes three drug charges, has turned himself into police, CMU police chief Bill Yeagley has confirmed.
White met with a CMU police detective Wednesday afternoon and was arrested “without incident” on a three-count felony warrant, Yeagley wrote in a release. He is being lodged at the Isabella County Jail pending arraignment.
Yeagley told Central Michigan Life Wednesday afternoon detectives were able to negotiate a time, 2:30 p.m., with an attorney representing White for the Livonia native’s surrender. The department was contacted by White’s attorney Wednesday after reading news reports saying White was wanted by police.
The 6-foot, 200-pound back from Livonia faces charges of delivering and manufacturing narcotics, possession of narcotics and maintaining a drug house. Yeagley said White is not expected to face any additional charges.
“At this time we have no proof he fled,” Yeagley said.
White is alleged to have been growing and selling hallucinogenic mushrooms in his terrace-level Celani residence hall. Teammate Joe Sawicki, who lives with White in Celani, was arrested Tuesday on the same three charges.
Both men were suspended for Saturday’s spring football game and were released from the program Wednesday.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- CE: Another 3-9 season, and both Enos and Heeke have to go! …
- Andy Villemure: I am looking for a KZ 900 block Z1E, that has not cracks tha…
- anonymous: Totally disagree on Heeke. Think he showed some real balls i…
- Amy Easton: Please let me know your lessons learned, how you organized t…
- Pete: I thought Central won a bowl game this year??? The program …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here