ADVICE COLUMN: Summer struggles, other thoughts in Jordan’s last column
“I’ve been talking to a girl for about a month now and she stays the night about once or twice a week. She just got out of a long relationship in December and is going home for the summer. I’ll be here in Mount Pleasant while she is at home, more than two hours away. I don’t know what to do or if we should just stay single and see what happens in the fall. The other thing is, I don’t know if she can make me happy. I am a very picky guy and there are things about her that seem to bother me sometimes. I really do like her and enjoy talking to her, but I am concerned those things will be a problem later on down the road.”
If you’ve been seeing this girl a few times a week for a month, I think that’s enough time to figure out what you want to do about the relationship. It sounds like you have a lot of reservations about moving it further though, so I wouldn’t.
With all that you’ve said, you just don’t sound that into her. I think when people both mutually really like each other, they will do whatever they can to be together, including long distance. I would just stay single until you do find a girl that you would do anything for, including driving two hours to see her.
If you decide to be single, realize there’s a difference between picky and impossible. Hopefully you’re picky and not expecting girls to be perfect, because they aren’t and neither are you. Be selective in the right way.
So what if a girl doesn’t have the same musical tastes, dresses differently and her idea of cooking is Rice-A-Roni? Does she have a good heart? Is she not selfish? Does your face light up when she enters the room? That’s what you you need to look for. If you are happy in a relationship, you won’t question it, you’ll just know.
Readers, this is my last relationship column for Central Michigan Life, so I won’t need you to send me any more questions. This has been a fun and interesting experience, and because of it, I’ve discovered a whole other type of writing I enjoy.
Hopefully I helped some of you, but if I didn’t, at least I tried.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- xe yamaha,xe may yamaha,xe máy yamaha,yamaha,gia xe yamaha,giá xe Yamaha,tim xe may Yamaha: Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished…
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here