Former CMU lineman Rocky Weaver signs NFL contract with Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Offensive lineman Rocky Weaver has signed a three-year rookie free agent contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, just two days after the end of the NFL Draft.
The Battle Creek native was also contacted by the New York Jets but no contract was offered, according to the Battle Creek Enquirer.
Weaver started his career as a Chippewa playing tight end and was on the receiving end of touchdown against Western Michigan in 2008.
Weaver played mostly right tackle in last three seasons, but has battled injuries in the past two seasons.
Weaver joins fellow CMU football alumni linebacker Nick Bellore (New York Jets), linebacker Frank Zombo (Green Bay) and cornerback Josh Gordy (St. Louis) to get a rookie free agent deal after going undrafted and are currently playing in the NFL.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- CE: Now that CMU has been eliminated, is there a way to end Jaks…
- Track Watcher: With a dismal showing at the MAC meet, you always want to be…
- john wood: I have a 99 kawasaki zrx1100 and I need a engine case for it…
- Marty: Hi I am searching for a Honda rear wheel hub,shaft drive (d…
- Karen Ohneck: Scott you are awesome I have known you for8 yrs. These kids …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here