CMU softball beats Kent State, advances in MAC softball tournament
Game 1 of the Mid-American Conference softball tournament was a close one.
But Central Michigan survived to play again on the day in the winner’s bracket after a 2-1 win against Kent State.
After the No. 7 seeded Golden Flashes tied the game in the top of the sixth inning, the No. 6 seed Chippewas took the lead when sophomore second baseman Brittney Horan hit a RBI single that scored freshman third baseman Chelsea DeLamielleure.
Junior Kara Dornbos got the start in the circle and finished with the complete game by allowing just one earned run on six hits and walked one batter while striking out three.
CMU took an early 1-0 lead in the third inning after senior first baseman Molly Coldren hit her single-season record breaking 15th home run.
The Chippewas will play No. 3 seeded Bowling Green at 7:30 p.m. The two teams split the season series in Bowling Green earlier this season.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
- irish8517: While rate my professors is a valuable tool it should be tak…
- michmediaperson: Shapiro is wrong. Isn't RateMyProfessor, the report card st…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here