CMU student diagnosed with meningitis dies
Nick Collins, 19, of Livonia died in the Intensive Care Unit at St. Mary’s Hospital, his father, Mark Collins, confirmed to Central Michigan Life Friday.
Collins had just finished his freshman year at CMU. He moved out of Trout residence hall May 3 before falling ill and being hospitalized Monday with meningococcal meningitis, a bacterial infection that targets the brain and spinal cord.
CMU sent out an alert Wednesday to students who may have come in contact with Collins to call the Wayne County Health Department at (734) 727-7078, their health care provider and CMU Health Services at (989) 774-6577. Meningitis can be passed through oral secretions. Collins lived in Trout 205.
Stay tuned to cm-life.com for more on this breaking story.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- CE: Another 3-9 season, and both Enos and Heeke have to go! …
- Andy Villemure: I am looking for a KZ 900 block Z1E, that has not cracks tha…
- anonymous: Totally disagree on Heeke. Think he showed some real balls i…
- Amy Easton: Please let me know your lessons learned, how you organized t…
- Pete: I thought Central won a bowl game this year??? The program …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here