Betty Wagner resigns as CMU admissions director, moves to academic advising
After 17 years as Director of Admissions and 31 years in the admissions office, Betty Wagner decided it was time for a change.
Effective June 11, Wagner has resigned from her position and will become the Assistant Director of Parent Services in the Academic Advising department. Associate Director of Admissions Kevin Williams will serve as interim director while Central Michigan University conducts a national search for the replacement for the fall semester, Wagner said.
“It’s been a very stimulating, rewarding job,” Wagner said. “I don’t regret any of my time in admissions.”
Wagner said she feels more experienced working with parents to figure out the best options for their kids when deciding on a college. Her new responsibilities will include contacting parents to see if they are succeeding at CMU, how they feel about their services, working on a website for parents and sending them emails.
“I’ll be working on enhancing the relationship between parents and Central Michigan University,” Wagner said. “It’s an exciting time in their lives coming up to Central and deciding whether or not we are the right choice for them in terms of their future education.”
Executive Director of Academic Advising and Assistance Michelle Howard said Wagner will be recognized as a leader in the department, and will give added focus to tremendous stakeholders like parents.
“She has an extensive history and experience level of working with the parents of students and what it takes to be a successful college student. Her experience translates perfectly into an advising center,” Howard said. “She’s going to be a real asset to our office.”
Wagner said her favorite parts of working in admissions were working with the students and working with the hard-working admissions staff to achieve day-to-day and long-term goals in the admissions office.
“I think it’s rather rare and unique when I’ve been employed in the same office for almost my entire career,” Wagner said. “It doesn’t happen very often.”
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- CE: Another 3-9 season, and both Enos and Heeke have to go! …
- Andy Villemure: I am looking for a KZ 900 block Z1E, that has not cracks tha…
- anonymous: Totally disagree on Heeke. Think he showed some real balls i…
- Amy Easton: Please let me know your lessons learned, how you organized t…
- Pete: I thought Central won a bowl game this year??? The program …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here