Mount Pleasant Summer Festival filled with activities for all ages
The 28th Mount Pleasant Summer Festival was in full swing this weekend.
Community entertainment in the forms of carnival rides, flea markets, local musicians, a car show, a parade and more put smile on the faces of children and adults alike.
“It’s a great little, local community festival,” said Keith Voeks, director of logistics for the Mount Pleasant Summer Festival. “It’s an opportunity for us to do something for the community; let folks come out and enjoy a beautiful summer day.”
The Summer Festival kicked off on Thursday with a flight demonstration from the Mid-Michigan Radio Controlled Helicopter Association, and came to a close with Beal City band Rampage.
Friday featured performances from the Great Lakes Timber Show, including chainsaw carving, ax throwing and logrolling. That night, the festival parade promenaded through downtown Mount Pleasant.
Local resident Jodi Bixby watched the parade with her kids.
“We come every year,” Bixby said. “I didn’t realize it was so short, but it was really cool.”
On Saturday, the Summer Festival welcomed two local bands: Foolish Dreams and The Essentials.
The festival wound down Sunday with the Rods in the Park Car Show and the Jaycees Duck Race.
Voeks said Mount Pleasant is fortunate to get such a quality level of carnival.
“There’s all kinds of fun stuff out there for the folks to come out and enjoy,” Voeks said. “For the little kids, there are the little trains running around and the bumper cars and the swinging pirate ship. Even those tough guys can go down there, and swing the sledge hammer.”
Mount Pleasant resident Hunter Greder came to the festival to have fun and enjoy all the rides.
“I’ve been to the festival ever since I was five,” he said. “It’s fun and you have a blast. I enjoy every ride.”
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- Marty: Hi I am searching for a Honda rear wheel hub,shaft drive (d…
- Karen Ohneck: Scott you are awesome I have known you for8 yrs. These kids …
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here