Classic cars impress Mount Pleasant in Back to the Bricks car show
Downtown Mount Pleasant sported a flashy collection of model cars for the “Back to the Bricks: Heart of Michigan” promotional tour Friday.
About 200 cars lined the streets, ranging from modern muscle cars and trucks to classics and hotrods.
Back to the Bricks picked Mount Pleasant as a city for their promotional tour to increase awareness for their organization and some of their larger annual car shows.
Participants toured a variety of vintage cars such as trucks, jeeps, station wagons, and hot rods, with years ranging from 2012 all the way back to the 1940s. Most of the cars had been fixed up or restored, but some where still early on in the restoration process, giving a snapshot of the life of a car form ruin to restoration throughout the show.
Mount Pleasant resident Marty Salisbury brought his 1968 Shelby GT500 to the show. He said he enjoys local car shows because he knows a lot of people in the area who also restore classic cars and he enjoys getting others interested in them.
“(I) try to keep all these young kids involved in restoring cars,” Salisbury said. “That’s why I let people sit in the car all the time.”
Central Michigan University junior Ben Charette, of Canton, and St. Clair junior Rachel Sundelius said they came down to the car show for something different to do.
“I’m a Ford fan; my dad works at Ford,” Charette said. “I like cars.”
Sundelius said she didn’t know much about cars, but liked the look of the trucks. It was exciting to have something new to do in town, she said.
Pixie Pizza, 302 N. Mission Street, was one of the ‘Back to the Brick’s’ points of interest due to its 1950s style and periodic dine-in car shows.
Pixie General Manager Teri Cregger said Pixie helps with some of the planning since the store is used to people coming in with their classic and rod cars.
“I would definitely recommend (this event); beautiful cars and such a nice variety,” Cregger said. “My favorites are actually classic cars because my dad is a car collector.”
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- michmediaperson: Shapiro is wrong. Isn't RateMyProfessor, the report card st…
- Kellie: We miss miss you Carolyn. You still are remember on the socc…
- anonymous: I know this girl was in the wrong, but, put yourself in her …
- : What is the standing cement block structure going to be for?…
- 5k: Solved the case!! …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here