Enrollment and Student Services division announces enrollment, recruitment strategies
The Enrollment and Student Services division of Central Michigan University has announced enrollment and recruitment strategies to be implemented for years to come.
Tuesday afternoon, President of Enrollment and Student Services Steven Johnson released a statement outlining the current enrollment situations CMU is facing, along with plans to increase enrollment and recruitment efforts.
In the statement, Johnson said by 2020, Michigan’s high school classes will have shrunk by about 30,000 students, creating more competition between universities to recruit the students that are left.
“Although competition is fierce and high school classes will be smaller, we want to make sure we maintain our admissions standards,” Johnson said. “We don’t want to admit more students that won’t be successful at CMU. We’re looking to expand our market by recruiting outside of the state of Michigan.”
Johnson also said on-campus registration is slightly lower than expected this fall.
“We’re a little behind pace compared to last year, but we still have a lot of activity during the summer,” he said. “Enrollment won’t be finalized until the second or third week of September. Students are still making decisions and there are so many opportunities for students to change schedules in the summer, so we can’t say anything for sure until the fall.”
In the statement, Johnson outlined a plan for recruitment that includes investing in high-priority programs such as science, technology, engineering and math, increasing recruitment efforts outside of Michigan, increasing efforts to recruit Global Campus students, limiting tuition increases and upholding admissions standards at CMU.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- Marty: Hi I am searching for a Honda rear wheel hub,shaft drive (d…
- Karen Ohneck: Scott you are awesome I have known you for8 yrs. These kids …
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here