Laura Frey to stay on as CMU Faculty Association president for 2012-13 academic year
Laura Frey is returning to her role as the Faculty Association’s president.
Library faculty member Krista Graham was originally president-elect but had to resign after taking a job at Georgia State University.
In an email sent to FA members Monday and obtained by Central Michigan Life, Frey wrote “It was going to be my honor on June 30, to send you a communication to welcome Krista Graham into the role of FA President for the 2012-13 academic year. Instead, I regret to inform you that Krista has submitted her resignation, effective July 6.”
Graham had served as the FA president-elect last year and has been a co-chair of the last two bargaining teams as part of her services on the last three bargaining teams.
“What this immediately means for the FA is that I will continue the role of FA President as of July 1,” Frey wrote in the email. “This is because the FA Bylaws (Article IV, Section 2) provide that the FA President-Elect ‘Shall act in the absence or disability of the President.’”
Frey was elected president-elect in April for the 2012-13 academic year after Graham was expected to take over Frey’s role as president of the FA. The FA will hold an election for the new president-elect during the fall semester. Graham did not return calls seeking comment Tuesday.
Tim Connors will fill the role of past president. Bylaws state when the office of the past president needs to be filled, the FA Board “may appoint any previous President of the Association to this position,” the email said.
Frey was FA president when the union’s contract was not renewed last summer by Central Michigan University, resulting in one of the biggest conflicts in university history. Frey led the union on strike on the first day of fall semester classes before being ordered to return to classes by an Isabella County judge. The FA and CMU came to a tentative agreement on a three-year contract in December.
Frey declined to comment when contacted.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- xe yamaha,xe may yamaha,xe máy yamaha,yamaha,gia xe yamaha,giá xe Yamaha,tim xe may Yamaha: Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished…
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here