Mount Pleasant Area Chamber of Commerce president resigns
The President and CEO of the Mount Pleasant Area Chamber of Commerce is resigning from her position effective July 27.
In an email sent out Thursday, Lisa Hadden announced her resignation to accept a new position, although could not say what the position was.
“I’m not at liberty to say yet, but it is local,” she said. “It was a very nice offer. I’m hoping it’s announced soon.”
Hadden spoke highly of her staff and colleagues, saying she felt honored to have worked with them.
“I want to tell you all what an honor and privilege it has been to serve the membership of the Chamber,” she said in the email. “I have thoroughly enjoyed all the programs, activities, networking, our dedicated volunteers, and most importantly the great friendships I have made along the way.”
Hadden has served as chamber president since 2008. She holds a BA in Secondary Education and an MA degree in English Composition and Communications from Central Michigan University. According to the Mount Pleasant Area Chamber of Commerce website, she “has held numerous executive positions including the President & CEO of several non-profit organizations in community and economic development, and health care administration.”
She said in the email she is closely working with the Board of Directors and staff to assure a smooth transition and that chamber programs continue without interruption.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- Kellie: We miss miss you Carolyn. You still are remember on the socc…
- anonymous: I know this girl was in the wrong, but, put yourself in her …
- : What is the standing cement block structure going to be for?…
- 5k: Solved the case!! …
- : SOLVED THE CASE …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here