The Ragbirds’ return to Mt. Pleasant a success
Dark skies and drizzle outside Finch Fieldhouse did not dampen concert spectators’ enthusiasm as The Ragbirds’ music filled the space with vibrant energy on Thursday night as part of the Max and Emily’s Summer Concert Series.
The concert had originally been planned to take place on Broadway Street but was moved to Finch Fieldhouse due to inclement weather.
Admission was free and donations were collected to support the Red Cross Infant Food Pantry. At a Verve Pipe concert held by Max and Emily’s in June, over $1,000 was raised for the cause.
“This is just delightful, and it’s so nice of the downtown business sponsors… they gave credit to a lot of people and they deserve it,” said Lea Rau of Mount Pleasant.
A festive atmosphere filled the fieldhouse as The Ragbirds took to the stage to play. Children spun and danced in front of stage and adults of all ages attended. It was the second time the band played in Mount Pleasant as part of the summer concert series after a successful show last year.
The Ragbirds play their own brand of folk-rock songs uniquely combined with a variety of musical influences of cultures from around the world.
“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness,” said lead singer and multi-instrumentalist Erin Zindle, quoting Mark Twain about understanding other cultures.
Adding to the multilayered global sound, a great variety of instruments were played, including mandolin, violin, accordion, African drums, and many more. Zindle seemed to have a different instrument ready for nearly every song, showing musical prowess.
Summing up the opinion many happy, swaying, concertgoers had about the Ragbirds’ music, Mount Pleasant resident Ginger Judge said it was a great listen.
“The beat just draws you in,” she said.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- : What is the standing cement block structure going to be for?…
- 5k: Solved the case!! …
- : SOLVED THE CASE …
- chipskeptic: It is always interesting to see the virulent reaction of any…
- bridesmaids: Very good info. Lucky me I recently found your blog by chanc…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here