B.o.B., All-American Rejects, BoysLikeGirls, ‘Batman’ EP highlight Program Board fall schedule
National recording artists B.o.B., The All American Rejects, BoysLikeGirls, along with Olympic gold medalist Dominique Dawes and ‘Batman’ executive producer Michael Uslan will highlight Central Michigan University’s fall entertainment lineup.
According to a release sent out by Program Board Friday morning, two major concerts are scheduled for the CMU Events Center during the fall semester.
Rapper, singer and song-writer B.o.B., whose hits “Nothin’ on You,” “Airplanes” and most recently “Magic” have reached the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 chart, will perform in concert with hip-hop group The New Boyz on Sept. 28 at the Events Center. Tickets go on-sale to students, faculty and staff Sept. 5.
Following up, alternative rock band The All-American Rejects, Boys Like Girls and The Ready Set will perform in concert at the CMU Events Center on Sunday, Oct. 14, kicking off CMU’s Homecoming Week 2012 festivities. AAR’s most recent hit, “Gives You Hell,” is certified platinum four times for sales over 4 million in the U.S. An on-sale date has not yet been announced.
Dominique Dawes, a 1996 gold medalist in gymnastics, will give a motivational speech “about her Olympic gymnastic experiences, life goals and struggles that she has overcome that get her to where she is today” at Plachta Auditorium. The event is free for students and faculty.
Other events scheduled for the fall:
- Michael Uslan, executive producer of the ‘Batman’ films and associate producer of Disney’s National Treasure films, will speak on campus Nov. 7 at Plachta Auditorium.
- Iliza Schlesinger, 2011 Last Coming Standing winner, will perform a comedy act Sept. 15 at Plachta Auditorium.
- Frank Warren of Post Secret, a community mail art project in which people from all over the world mail in homemade postcards with their secrets, will speak to students Oct. 9 at Plachta Auditorium.
- Hip-hop violinist Josh Vietti and Atlanta’s DJ Kick Mix will highlight Program Board’s “Club SAC” event on Aug. 24 in the Student Activity Center.
All events at Plachta will be free to attend.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- Marty: Hi I am searching for a Honda rear wheel hub,shaft drive (d…
- Karen Ohneck: Scott you are awesome I have known you for8 yrs. These kids …
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here