Midland junior, 20, dies
A Midland junior died Monday, marking the sixth Central Michigan University student or recent graduate to die this summer.
Benjamin Kozuch, 20, was preparing to enter his junior year at CMU. A history major and military science minor, Kozuch was a U.S. Army cadet in CMU’s ROTC program, according to his obituary. He dreamed of becoming an officer in the U.S. Army.
He was also a member of the Queens Guard Color Guard team, Mu Sigma Honors Society and a part of the Pi Kappa Phi fraternity. He enjoyed kung fu, playing the guitar was also part of the CMU Quiz Central championship team in 2010, according to his obituary.
“Ben was handsome, extremely tall, wickedly funny and one of the most compassionate people on earth,” the obituary reads. “Ben reached out to those in trouble and always tried to help.”
Kozuch is survived by his parents Joe and Maureen and sister Lindsey.
Visitation is scheduled for Friday, with the funeral service following on Saturday.
In July, Frankfort junior Dane Ruff and Leonard senior Bryan Fischer died. Livonia sophomore Nicholas Collins died in May from bacterial meningitis.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- CE: Another 3-9 season, and both Enos and Heeke have to go! …
- Andy Villemure: I am looking for a KZ 900 block Z1E, that has not cracks tha…
- anonymous: Totally disagree on Heeke. Think he showed some real balls i…
- Amy Easton: Please let me know your lessons learned, how you organized t…
- Pete: I thought Central won a bowl game this year??? The program …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here