New Hudson graduate dies in car crash
Another Central Michigan University student died Sunday, marking the fourth student death since the beginning of summer.
Danielle DeGroat, a spring 2012 graduate from New Hudson, died in a car accident, according to confirmation from the Office of Student Life.
According to the Livingston Daily, a 2000 Ford Explorer driven by a 64-year-old Jackson man stuck DeGroat’s 2002 Chrysler Sebring shortly after 1 p.m. Sunday. DeGroat was transported by helicopter to the University of Michigan Medical Center in Ann Arbor, where she died later that evening.
A passenger in the car, a 21-year-old Green Oak Township woman, was transported to the hospital but later released. The Jackson man was not injured.
Nick Collins, a Livonia sophomore, died on May 10 after being diagnosed with bacterial meningitis.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
- irish8517: While rate my professors is a valuable tool it should be tak…
- michmediaperson: Shapiro is wrong. Isn't RateMyProfessor, the report card st…
- Kellie: We miss miss you Carolyn. You still are remember on the socc…
- anonymous: I know this girl was in the wrong, but, put yourself in her …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here