Football team unveils new Adidas uniforms
Central Michigan football will be sporting a new look this year, unveiling eight new combinations of jerseys Wednesday for the 2012-13 season.
The first four Adidas outfits will have the same color pants as jersey, while the other four combinations mismatch the color combinations.
CMU will have its normal maroon home uniforms and white road uniforms, but will now have gold and black alternate jerseys to add to their lockers.
“We wanted multiple combinations, multiple sets of uniforms that we can do a lot of different things with,” said Athletic Director Dave Heeke in a press release on cmuchippewas.com. “There’s a fine balancing act between doing these trendy uniforms while respecting the tradition and the colors, and I think we’ve done a very good job.”
The maroon, gold and white uniforms will feature a new pro-brite mesh for increased durability and comfort. The black uniforms were created by a stretch mesh material.
“Uniform trends are the buzz, and they’re occurring all over the country,” Heeke said. “Central Michigan is no different and we want to be in the middle of that buzz.”
The CMU athletics website features photos and a video of the jersey unveiling.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- Marty: Hi I am searching for a Honda rear wheel hub,shaft drive (d…
- Karen Ohneck: Scott you are awesome I have known you for8 yrs. These kids …
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here