Former CMU basketball player Andre Coimbra charged following June drunk driving arrest
Former Central Michigan basketball forward Andre Coimbra pleaded guilty to a charge of operating while intoxicated on Aug. 8 in Isabella County Trial Court, according to court house documents.
The Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, native was fined $1,300 and sentenced to six months of non-reporting probation for a reduced charge of operating while visibly impaired.
The incident occurred at 2:30 a.m. on June 3 when Coimbra was pulled over by CMU police officer Kip Williams after failing to stop at a stop sign at the intersection of Main St. and University Drive.
Coimbra was transported to the Isabella County Jail after failing to pass a field sobriety test. A blood test was done to test his blood alcohol level, but details of the results are unknown.
During his probation period, Coimbra must refrain from use of alcohol and going anywhere where alcohol is served, including restaurants and bars. He also has to submit to random drug and alcohol tests as directed, and may not use, possess or deliver drugs, paraphernalia or alcohol.
Coimbra played his final two years of eligibility at CMU, averaging 7.9 points and 5.4 rebounds during his senior season in 2012 and led the team with 33 blocks.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
- irish8517: While rate my professors is a valuable tool it should be tak…
- michmediaperson: Shapiro is wrong. Isn't RateMyProfessor, the report card st…
- Kellie: We miss miss you Carolyn. You still are remember on the socc…
- anonymous: I know this girl was in the wrong, but, put yourself in her …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here