Olivieri Management rebuilds two homes
As the fall semester begins, students are moving back to campus and for a few Olivieri Management renters, that means moving into brand new homes.
Over the summer, the company tore down and rebuilt two homes in the north campus area.
Olivieri Leasing Agent Mallory Cantor said the company rebuilt 221 W. Clayton St. and 1005 S. Main St. this summer, bringing the homes up to code and upgrading the dated residences.
Cantor said the company has been working to not just make the homes look nice, but to be good quality as well.
“We just try to bring things up to code, a lot of the older places have been lacking in standards since the codes have been updated,” she said. “We try to make things not just look better cosmetically, but also safer.”
Before construction on the homes was completed, Cantor said students already signed leases for the upcoming school year.
“People are always interested and want to live in a new place,” she said. “In most of the places, everyone gets their own bedroom and then one bathroom for two people.”
But the improvements aren’t just pleasing for the renters; they’re improving downtown as well.
The newer places make downtown look nicer, especially when people come from out of town. It makes for a better atmosphere, Cantor said.
Downtown Development Director Michelle Sponseller said the upgrades the company is making has been an improvement for north campus.
“I think they’re fabulous,” she said. “I’m very happy that Olivieri is making these huge improvements to the neighborhood. Visually they look so nice, they did a very nice job.”
However, one home the company intended on remodeling was postponed. In the spring, the company planned to have 1003 Douglas St. ready for the fall, but Cantor said they put the 12-occupant home on hold.
Currently there are no concrete plans on remodels or rebuilds; however, Cantor said the company is always working to make sure their homes are modernized.
“Whenever we get a chance to upgrade anything, that’s what we like to do,” she said.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- CE: Another 3-9 season, and both Enos and Heeke have to go! …
- Andy Villemure: I am looking for a KZ 900 block Z1E, that has not cracks tha…
- anonymous: Totally disagree on Heeke. Think he showed some real balls i…
- Amy Easton: Please let me know your lessons learned, how you organized t…
- Pete: I thought Central won a bowl game this year??? The program …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here