Riverwood Resort transforms interior, expands bar
Walking into Riverwood Resort customers will see some major changes.
Over the past four months the company, 1313 E. Broomfield Rd., has completely transformed the interior of the building to include more space, additional seating, a larger bar area and new bowling lanes.
Jeremy Lawless, director of operations and marketing, said the company completed the remodel because it was time for a change.
Since the business’s opening in 1972, not much had been done to keep the facility cosmetically updated, he said. Now, after renovations, the facility is more than what it used to be.
“It’s not just a bowling center anymore,” Lawless said. “It’s an upscale bar with bowling.”
The new bar and grill, named 989, focuses on selling local beer, wine and produce to support the Mount Pleasant community.
“We now have a scratch menu and probably the best drink specials in town,” he said. “989 presents the whole going-out experience.”
The updated facility features a bar, bowling lanes, golf and lodging, banquet facilities, and even a VIP bowling section, equipped with its own personal bar.
Before the renovation, Lawless said a typical night would bring around 150 people, but with the new space and the remodel, he thinks the company will easily double that.
LeRoy senior Wayne Blanchard has played on the Wednesday night league, Uncle Buck, all four years he’s been at Central Michigan University.
Walking into the remodeled establishment for the first time was shocking to Blanchard, he said.
“It doesn’t even look like the same place,” he said. “It looks like the nicest bar in Mount Pleasant.”
Unlike typical bars throughout the area, Lawless said 989 will be very social and interactive with a DJ playing Monday through Wednesday and live music on Fridays.
He said the company’s goal is to exceed people’s expectations, with the environment, food and drink menu.
“Come out and have some dinner and have some fun experiencing everything,” Lawless said. “You don’t find places like this a lot. It’s totally unique for Mount Pleasant.”
Although the facility is pretty much finished, Lawless said the grand opening will be held sometime in September once they get all the finishing touches completed.
Registration for fall college bowling leagues is now available. Leagues will start the week after Labor Day.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
- irish8517: While rate my professors is a valuable tool it should be tak…
- michmediaperson: Shapiro is wrong. Isn't RateMyProfessor, the report card st…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here