About 800 tickets sold on first on-sale day for B.o.B concert
Program Board sold about 800 tickets by Wednesday morning on the first day of sales for the upcoming B.o.B concert.
Rapper, singer and songwriter B.o.B’s discography includes hits like “Airplanes” and “Nothin’ On You” and he will perform with hip-hop group The New Boyz, known for the 2009 viral hit “You’re a Jerk,” and the 2011 collaboration with Chris Brown’s “Better With The Lights Off.”
About 800 tickets were sold to students interested in attending the Sept. 28 concert, to be held in the Events Center.
Program Board president Miranda Endres said while she had no specific predictions, she believed that the on-sale would be very succesful.
“Students are really excited about this concert,” the New Baltimore senior said. “B.o.B recently collaborated on a song with Taylor Swift called ‘Both Of Us’ and that song with the rest of his hits have been really successful.”
Although she believed many students would buy tickets, Endres said that other concerts later in the year would be just a successful as this one.
“Different concerts will reach out to different crowds,” Endres said. “The All-American Rejects concert will attract students who are interested in rock music, while B.o.B will draw a hip-hop crowd. Both of these concerts are on different scales.”
Northville junior Justin Handley, who has seen B.o.B. before in concert, said although he had yet to purchase tickets, he was planning to.
“He’s just a really talented artist,” Handley said. “He’s energetic and he has really catchy lyrics.”
Handley said B.o.B was unique in his field.
“He’s got a style all to his own,” Handley said.
Northville senior Ryan Jason agreed B.o.B was different from other hip-hop acts.
“He plays real instruments. There are videos of him on YouTube singing with an acoustic guitar,” Jason said. “His lyrics are also different, it’s not all about sex.”
Tickets continue to be sold at Ticket Central priced at $12, $15, $20 and $25, depending on seating.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
- irish8517: While rate my professors is a valuable tool it should be tak…
- michmediaperson: Shapiro is wrong. Isn't RateMyProfessor, the report card st…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here