Volleyball falls to Wolverines in straight sets to open tournament
The Central Michigan Chippewas (2-2) came out strong in game one, but were unable to hold off Michigan Friday, losing to their in-state rival in straight sets.
CMU led the first 10 points and then went point-for-point with the Wolverines until No. 22 Michigan (5-0) finally took the lead, and game, 25-23.
The second game CMU had a slow start, getting themselves into a 3-15 hole before scoring their next point. The Wolverines held on to win 25-11.
Rounding out the night, the Chippewas fell to the Wolverines 15-25.
“(Michiagn) served a little tougher than we did, and our passing dropped off,” head coach Erik Olson said.
The Wolverines held CMU to a .086 attacking percentage – the lowest percentage this season for the Chippewas.
“Hitting percentage is completely tied to passing. If you’re passing it off the net, everyone in here knows where the ball is going to get set, and that’s where we struggled,” Olson said.
Sophomore outside hitter Kaitlyn McIntyre led the Chippewas with eight kills, while junior defensive specialist Jenna Coates had 12 digs and four assists in the match.
The tournament continues as the Chippewas face Arkansas Saturday at 1:30 p.m. and wraps up with University of Maryland Baltimore Country at 5 p.m.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- Kellie: We miss miss you Carolyn. You still are remember on the socc…
- anonymous: I know this girl was in the wrong, but, put yourself in her …
- : What is the standing cement block structure going to be for?…
- 5k: Solved the case!! …
- : SOLVED THE CASE …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here