Winn man, 39, hospitalized after crashing into pond
A 39 year-old Winn man is in the hospital after his car was submerged in a pond upside down Friday morning.
Around 7:20 a.m., Gregory Brian-Warren Leiter was driving westbound on East Deerfield Road when his Chevrolet Blazer crossed the center-line and ran off the opposite side of the road and into a pond, rolling upside down, according to a news release from the Isabella County Sheriff’s Department.
Three individuals, who wish to remain anonymous, were traveling on East Deerfield Road Friday morning when they noticed the submerged car and stopped to help Leiter, who was conscious inside the vehicle. They cut the driver’s seatbelt with a knife and were able to get him out of the car and onto shore.
Leiter was transported to McLaren-Central Michigan by MMR. His injuries were not life threatening.
The accident is still being investigated to determine the cause of the crash.
Isabella County Sheriff Leo Mioduszewski said it will be a while before they know the factors of the crash.
“It’s going to take weeks before we get it back from the lab,” he said. “We don’t know if it was a medical emergency.”
Michigan State Police, the Mount Pleasant Fire Department, Isabella County Sheriff’s Department and MMR assisted with the incident.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- CE: Another 3-9 season, and both Enos and Heeke have to go! …
- Andy Villemure: I am looking for a KZ 900 block Z1E, that has not cracks tha…
- anonymous: Totally disagree on Heeke. Think he showed some real balls i…
- Amy Easton: Please let me know your lessons learned, how you organized t…
- Pete: I thought Central won a bowl game this year??? The program …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here