Volleyball swept in second straight match
It must have felt like a bad case of déjà vu for the Central Michigan volleyball team Saturday afternoon.
No more than 24 hours after being swept by No. 22 Michigan, the Chippewas (2-3) suffered the same fate against Arkansas in the Adidas/Michigan Challenge.
Much like its match against the Wolverines, CMU came out strong and challenged the Razorbacks (6-0) in a 25-21 defeat in set one, before falling flat in set two in a 25-16 loss.
Arkansas finished off the Chippewas in set three 25-15 to continue its undefeated start to the season.
Freshman middle blocker Angelique White led CMU in kills with 10, while junior setter Kelly Maxwell led the offense with 18 assists – despite not playing the third set.
Freshman Jordan Timmer replaced Maxwell at the end of the second set and recorded a season-high 11 assists. Junior libero Jenna Coates continued to lead the team in digs with 11 on the day.
The Chippewas will look to salvage a win in the tournament at 5:30 p.m. when they finish their weekend against University of Maryland Baltimore County.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- CE: Another 3-9 season, and both Enos and Heeke have to go! …
- Andy Villemure: I am looking for a KZ 900 block Z1E, that has not cracks tha…
- anonymous: Totally disagree on Heeke. Think he showed some real balls i…
- Amy Easton: Please let me know your lessons learned, how you organized t…
- Pete: I thought Central won a bowl game this year??? The program …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here