Women’s cross-country team combines youth, leadership
The Central Michigan women’s cross-country team finished second at the Mid-American Conference championships the last two years – though the focus is higher this time around.
CMU returns a young team made up of 11 underclassmen, including six freshmen and five sophomores. Veteran leadership will come from the team’s four seniors and two juniors.
Junior Krista Park said she knows the importance of having veteran leaders.
“The younger runners look up to us as veterans and we are always here for them,” Parks said.
Willie Randolph, director of cross-country, is excited about the new athletes this season.
“We are very excited about the balanced attack we have on the women’s team and we will continue to grow as these new student athletes with immediate-capabilities take us to another level,” Randolph said. “It’s important the underclassmen know their roles … it’s about coming in and working together.”
The top two runners from 2011, Raeanne Lohner and Holly Anderson, are gone, giving way to a whole new group of leaders, led by seniors Charnele Lyons and fifth-year runners Maddie Ribant and Veronica Garcia.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- CE: Another 3-9 season, and both Enos and Heeke have to go! …
- Andy Villemure: I am looking for a KZ 900 block Z1E, that has not cracks tha…
- anonymous: Totally disagree on Heeke. Think he showed some real balls i…
- Amy Easton: Please let me know your lessons learned, how you organized t…
- Pete: I thought Central won a bowl game this year??? The program …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here