COLUMN: Automatic appliances are environmentally friendly, not user friendly
I know everyone has been on this kick of saving the world and going green. And I am all for it. Really, I even recycle my Honey Nut Cheerios cereal boxes and unread State News newspapers.
But the one thing that makes me want to just kill the environment and give up caring altogether is those automatic flushers, sinks and hand dryers.
Let’s start with the loo.
I do appreciate the automatic flush so I can avoid using my hand or my foot to hit the lever for flushing. Although, sometimes the toilet decides I am done before I actually am. Not OK.
Not to mention when I am in the bathroom alone and I start hearing all the other toilets randomly flushing because of some sort of sensor detection.
Is Toby from Paranormal Activity in the bathroom with me? I hope not.
So after that awkward “I’m not done yet!” business is over, it’s time for round two with the automatic madness.
I’m not sure how many times I’ve been caught waving and dancing at the sink until it kicks on.
The one move that usually always does wonders is the hand jive. It has an 85 percent success rate in my book. You should try it.
And then just as I am about to get through my ABCs (hand washing guidelines) the water shuts off. Once again, I’m not done yet! Does all of this business mean I need to take care of my business faster? Or is this just taking saving the environment to the next level?
Now that my hands are clean, it’s time to dry them.
By the time I wave for the dryer to come on, my hands are dry. I guess that’s another way to get the job done.
And just when I get through the whole hand jive waving experience, it all goes down the drain when I need to open the door to leave.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- Kellie: We miss miss you Carolyn. You still are remember on the socc…
- anonymous: I know this girl was in the wrong, but, put yourself in her …
- : What is the standing cement block structure going to be for?…
- 5k: Solved the case!! …
- : SOLVED THE CASE …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here