Controversy erupts on Twitter after La Señorita changes marquee to ‘Fire Up Spartans’
But not for reasons one might expect. In loom of the football game against Michigan State University, the Mexican restaurant allegedly posted “Fire up Spartans, Go get ‘em” on its marquee Wednesday, according to a photo posted on the social networking site.
Steve Sura, manager at La Señorita, declined to comment when reached by phone Thursday.
“We aren’t commenting on anything at this time,” Sura said.
The sign has since been changed reading “Fire up Chips.”
CMU Sports, a Twitter profile unaffiliated with CMU, posted a picture of the sign on its Twitter page yesterday, with the comment “The Mt. Pleasant La Señorita is supporting Michigan State in the upcoming football game between MSU & CMU. Disgraceful.”
Dave Heeke, director of CMU Athletics, was among several to retweet the post. Heeke did not return calls seeking comment.
The story has been retweeted more than 250 times since it was originally posted.
When contacted, management at the La Señorita in East Lansing said they did not know anything about the incident.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- bridesmaids: Very good info. Lucky me I recently found your blog by chanc…
- 66Chip: I certainly agree with the purpose of CCAP, which states tha…
- josh: I'm looking for a 98 to 2006 Suzuki katana frame with clean …
- Sherryl Morris: Hi, I am looking for a gas tank that may fit a 1980 Yamaha S…
- : Judge yourself first. …
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here