CMU and MSU students team up for a friendly rivalry
The mash up of maroon and gold versus green and white has proven to be a rivalry that many students look forward to each fall in hopes that it will bring together friends near and far.
“A few friends from my high school that go to Michigan State are coming up and we have been talking about it for about a year now ever since it was announced,” said Holt junior Travis Lueder.
Grand Ledge senior Kate Barnes has also been planning festivities to celebrate the excitement of the football game and to show her brother, a Michigan State University alum, all that Mount Pleasant has to offer.
“My brother and sister-in-law and about 20 of their friends are taking a party bus from East Lansing to come up and tailgate,” Barnes said. “I’m excited to show them around here and hang out with them.”
The match-up taking place at Kelly/Shorts Stadium will go down as a first in Chippewa history and will create a new scenery of memories among fans of both universities.
“It’s not an intense rival like the Western game, so it’s more fun to show them the bars and have them here. It’s more of a friendly competition to see who’s more rowdy at tailgates and who can actually last the whole day partying,” Barnes said.
Charlotte senior Anna Sloan also agreed that this football game holds a lot more potential for a fun bonding experience with friends compared to other games.
“When we go tailgating, they may get picked on but it’s mainly a fun rival because even though it’s a competition it is a good way to bond since we can all go to the game together,” Sloan said.
Due to previous game history between the two teams, the competition aspect may be less stressed. Although many statistics prove that MSU has a better football team, that won’t stop CMU fans from showing their pride.
“We aren’t predicted to win but that’s OK because it’s a fun time and if we win, it makes it even better,” Lueder said, “Plus I’d like to rub it in my friends’ faces.”
The past CMU victory against MSU in 2009 has students hopeful for a repeat of history but even if that doesn’t happen, students won’t be discouraged from trying to spend time with friends that come in from out of town.
“I look forward to seeing all my friends from down state because when I’m at school I don’t see them much and it is cool that for once this game is on our turf,” Barnes said.
Leave a Comment
Like us on Facebook
- xe yamaha,xe may yamaha,xe máy yamaha,yamaha,gia xe yamaha,giá xe Yamaha,tim xe may Yamaha: Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished…
- Samantha: Go Kirsten!!!! U are my mentor and I hope u will come back t…
- Hannah McCalister: I disagree with your statement. This was a great article and…
- Jason: Maybe it's just me, but I've never done anything this shorts…
- : no, this girl is insane. i went to high school with her. she…
• Is your baby graduating CMU? Place a personal greeting and photo in CM Life's Baby Graduates special pages. Download the form here
• Contact local movers in Mount Pleasant to help with all of your moving needs.
• Download Campus Cash Coupons!
• Search for local apartments
• Add your link here